Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cheerio Lovin' Max

Max, here - Foster mom wanted to give y'all an update. I am still looking for my "forever" family. I would really like to be in my new home by the holidays. I was the pug that had the hip surgery and my hip is feeling as good as new. But, now some new issues have popped up! Can't a pug get a break? I was having a little trouble getting comfortable when it was time to go to sleep. Foster mom took me back to the vet, and the X-rays showed I have an enlarged heart. It's not that unusual in an older pug. They also said something about a small trachea, and mentioned some scar tissue on my lungs. I will get some medicine that will help me breathe better, and it is not expensive at all. I already feel better. I cant wait to get a new home! I am good with other dogs, but I could just as easily be an "only" dog. I like people the best. I am housebroken. I just want to be with you - I don't care what we do! I am a very easy keeper. I want to do exactly what pugs were bred for - be a full time companion!

Dont forget about my all-time, number one, requirement from my new family - you must let me sleep on the bed. There is no negotiating. I am 10 years old, and I know what I want. No exceptions! If you try anything else, you will find out I can bark for a very long time! Remember how I used to love Cheetos? Well, foster mom magically transformed my love for Cheetos into a love for Honey Nut Cheerios! Cheetos ... Cheerios, sounds the same to me! I have lost a little weight, and I am feeling great.

Please consider adopting me. I think my enlarged heart means I have more room to save all that love you will give me!

Note -my "senior reduced fee" allows for those Cheerios purchases!!!

If you are interested in Max or any of the pugs you see here, then please please please go over to our website and fill out an
adoption application . If you want to take a peek at all the cutie pies please click HERE

1 comment:

Cuckoo Armadillo said...

Bless your heart, Max. You look wonderful. I hope you have a new home soon. xoxo