Friday, December 14, 2012

Meet Chaplin!

Chaplin is one of our critical care pugs. DFWPR recently interviewed him and here's his story in his own words:

Hi I'm Chaplin! I've had a pretty eventful year, even though I am only 6. The animal control folks called rescue after they found me barely able to walk, injured and stumbling. I don't remember exactly what happened, but the doctors think I was hit by a car after being dumped along the highway. I'm not sure what I did to make my family abandon me right before the holidays, since I tried so very hard to be a good boy all year. The good news is, I woke up from emergency surgery yesterday to find myself in the care of the Dallas Ft Worth Pug Rescue angels.   

Doctor said I suffered injuries to my tummy, and he went in and fixed me up and helped me to feel better. He took some tissue for a biopsy and, depending on the results, I may need an MRI. I was having trouble walking, but I am getting my strength back. My head is tilted funny, possibly due to a bad ear infection, but the doctors have me on super antibiotics to help me get better soon. I'm very anxious to be out of the hospital, because I haven't even written my letter to Santa yet!  

Foster mom said that I love being held like a baby and I am very curious and like to watch the squirrels and neighbors through the window. She is real careful not to let me jump around too much while I am healing. She says I am a super snuggler and a champion snorer, too, and love attention more than anything in the world. My test results should be back soon, so please cross your paw toes for me that it will be good news. Christmas is right around the corner, and I need to be home to open all my presents! 

Chaplin after surgery

Chaplin's surgery bills so far
are $1,800. Please open your 
heart and help us give Chaplin 
the care he needs to get well
in time for Christmas.


No comments: